Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ready for Warm Weather

I have always loved the snow and the cold weather up until this winter. I have decided winter is no fun with a restless little boy. Now you might ask why didn't I come to this conclusion last winter. The answer is when you have a little newborn baby you don't go anywhere anyways and you are in a tired fog so you don't notice that besides church you haven't left your hobbit cave basement in weeks. I think the worst part with Utah weather is that it tricks you. You get one really nice warm day and you think, 'Hey I am going to walk around the block', and your little boy gets excited to be outside and then stupid mother nature makes it snow, rain, or be miserably cold the next day. The poor little guy gets so excited when we just go out to go get in the car that he smiles and points to birds and other things and say"dis, dis dis?" which can only be interpreted as "This this this....whats this?". So we are counting days until we can return to nightly neighborhood walks and trips to the duck park. But we are still doing good besides that we are starting to get a little bit of cabin fever. I am still trying to adjust to Scouts taking up almost every Saturday lately. Little Kenny had his 15 month check up last Friday. Doctor said he is looking good and not to worry about him not walking yet. he saw him crusin' around the room and said that he looks like he is perfectly capable of walking he just doesn't have the confidence to.(duh, we knew that but it is still nice to hear it from the Doc). Our little guy had lost a little weight though and didn't really grow much since the last visit so they are going to check up on that next time. Which is funny because the kid will eat anything and everything you put in front of him...he even can down a chicken nugget happy meal by himself. He was in the 25th percentile for weight and the 50th for height. Maybe he just will take after his uncle Steve who has the metabolism of a Velocirpator. Anyways I am rambling, sorry no new pics we haven't done anything cool...see that's why we need warm weather.

No comments: