

completed project
I am probably kind of a dork for posting this, but oh well. On the 4th of July this year on our way to Layton Park one of the houses on the way to the park had a huge tote of a ton of wooden trains, tracks, and buildings for sale. We stopped and bought all of the pieces for $18(a steal if you have ever checked them out at toys r us). And then about a month later we decided we wanted to either buy or build a train table to go with it and give him the whole thing for his birthday. Well Kenny started surfing KSL and found a train table for $20 close to our house, it needed some work, but it was much better than paying $200 for a new one. So Kenny cleaned up the table top and I got it painted. The table part was white(I forgot to take a before pic) and the top was a bright green. I decided to paint it navy blue because his room is red, white, and blue and it would match better. Little Kenny loves his table it is going to be hard to ever get him out of his room once we get it moved in there. I had fun working on it. I like to fix things up and make them cute and usable again. And who can't complain getting a super awesome birthday present for their kid for under $40.
PS. the Valspar plastic spray paint at Lowes does amazing things





















No comments:
Post a Comment