Monday, December 22, 2008

We Finally did It!

Here is my beautiful new natural stone slate tile.


Here is the icky linoleum that used to reside here.

A close up of the ugly linoleum.




A view of the kitchen before....



And a view of the kitchen after!!!


This kitchen makeover has been a year in the making. Last winter we put new cabinets, counter tops and appliances in. This spring we painted and put the new back splash up. And this past weekend we did the tile. It has been a long journey, but it was worth it! Kenny and I did all the work ourselves(except the counter tops it was better to leave that to the professionals) and a little help from family and friends. We are so happy that we embarked on this project, it took a lot of time, money, teamwork, and of course caffeine. I wish I would've thought to take before pics but I didn't. As for now we don't have anymore home improvement projects lined up, I guess that means we can relax for now, or at least until I decide I don't like the paint color of one of our rooms.....

No comments: