Wednesday, February 25, 2009

BIG Changes!

....no we are not pregnant again. Last Saturday when I went in Little Kenny's room to get him up I walked over to the crib said hello and then turned around to get his stuff ready on the changing table. I turned around just in time to see him nose dive out of the crib. I don't know how he got out I didn't even think he was tall enough to. So needless to say we went out and bought a toddler bed that day. (he was fine by the way just a little scared). We had been thinking about the whole bed issue for a while, whether or not to keep him in his crib for as lon as possible and then buy a low twin bed or breakdown and buy a toddler bed. We decided to get a toddler bed because we figure if he was going to fall out of bed it might as well only be like 6 inches off the ground. We found his bed on sale for $34 at Kmart, that is the cheapest I've seen them even including used ones on KSL. It is wood one too so that made me happy. We even were able to find another space themed bed set to match his room for only $8 for the whole set...I love clearance! Little Kenny loves his new bed and has had no trouble adjusting to it. I thought it was going to be be a rough transition and that I would constantly be in there putting him back to bed and that he would never settle down and go to sleep. But he is a really good boy and goes to sleep and doesn't get up to play. The first night he slept in it, Kenny went in there at about 530 am before work to check on him and he was asleep on the floor, but since then he has been fine. I think he just likes having a little bit of independence. Anyways sorry I rambled on but this is the biggest thing to happen at our house for a while.

Little Kenny's cute big boy bed.

The clearance bed set...







1 comment:

FizixMamma said...

Cute! I almost went to get abed at that great price but bedtime is still quite a struggle with Little John so we'll wait.
I'm taking my sister to get her wisdom teeth out Monday morning (in Ogden) and we will have time to kill before we pick her up. Wanna have a playdate for the boys?